Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 20.1.2 Release Led By Radeon Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 20.1.2 Release Led By Radeon Driver Fixes

While Mesa 20.2 is the exciting development version in the works for release next quarter, those of you on the current Mesa 20.1 series now have the second point release available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope this version finally fixes the VA-API hang....

....it's been a long time and I am still on Mesa 19.0... Even 32-bit broke for a time due to the LLVM 10...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      If you're talking about Intel VA is not managed by Mesa, it's the media-driver or intel-vaapi driver (Intel got two of them).

Comment

Originally posted by arcivanov View Post

If you're talking about Intel VA is not managed by Mesa, it's the media-driver or intel-vaapi driver (Intel got two of them).
        Oops, sorry, I was talking about AMD VA.

Comment

....it's been a long time and I am still on Mesa 19.0... Even 32-bit broke for a time due to the LLVM 10...
          What's your problem with VA exactly, I didn't notice anything wrong here.

Comment

Special thanks to kisak ppa for already having these up. My Ubuntu 20.04 with focal-proposed is on 20.0.8, which isn't bad but it's nice to have the latest stable available.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post

What's your problem with VA exactly, I didn't notice anything wrong here.
              It's a hang I had when recording using VA-API (FFmpeg kmsgrab or darmstadt) (AMD Vega card).

It did not happen on Mesa 19.0.

Comment

It's a hang I had when recording using VA-API (FFmpeg kmsgrab or darmstadt) (AMD Vega card).

It did not happen on Mesa 19.0.
                Bisect? - Is your start.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Bisect? - Is your start.
                  Impossible. I tried and I hit an error that the commit does not belong to the branch.

Oh, plus would take ages, recompiling Mesa and probably the whole X.Org with it, or turning every version into a PKGBUILD...

Oh and it's too late anyway... can't go back to LLVM 9 for it...

Comment

Working...
                  X