AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Performance On Windows 10 vs. Six Linux Distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Performance On Windows 10 vs. Six Linux Distributions

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Performance On Windows 10 vs. Six Linux Distributions

As part of our Ryzen 5 4500U and Ryzen 7 4700U Linux benchmarking there have been multiple requests for showing how various Linux distributions run and perform with these exciting Ryzen 4000 series mobile CPUs. Here are some benchmarks not only looking at six Linux distributions but also the performance of Microsoft Windows 10 as was preloaded on the Lenovo Flex 5 15-inch 2-in-1.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One thing I'm really interested in on these laptops is input handling (X and Wayland), thermals, battery life etc when running a recent distro and current kernel.

Comment

Is Clear Linux falling behind because it is running on an AMD or are this the first effects of - we will focus on server and cloud not desktop ?

Comment

I wonder if opensuse would have won outright on EXT4 instead of btrfs. I didn't read through all the tests, so this may end up being an extremely stupid comment.

Comment

What is causing Manjaro to tank? Is it just the heaviest distro or is there something else?

Comment

Michael where'd you get a Flex 5 in AMD form with 16GB RAM for only $599? I just looked at the Lenovo website and the Flex 5 with AMD for $599 has only 8 GB of RAM. I've been looking for a new light notebook for returning to school (lighter than my near 6 lb monster 15.6" laptop) but the only ones I keep seeing with 16 GB of RAM are 800+ and really don't gain me anything in either weight or performance over my 2018 monster. 16 GB has been my base RAM requirement and it's really really annoying nearly every laptop that's not 5.5lbs + comes with 8GB soldered to the board, which I don't want.

Comment

why is manjaro always is the last ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                why is manjaro always is the last ?
                geometric mean says something different. It can not be always the last otherwise it would end up last in the geometric mean.

Comment

Well manjaro seems to be the only one with schedutil as cpu governor.

Comment

Manjaro uses Arch kernel and schedutil is standard on all Arch kernel.

Comment

Working...
                    X