Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2020.Q2.6 Brings More Performance Tuning

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2020.Q2.6 Brings More Performance Tuning

The AMD Radeon Vulkan driver developers are ending out June by shipping their sixth open-source snapshot of the quarter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So are compile times reduced significantly?

Comment

Time for new benchmarks

Comment

phoronix When you benchmark, could you use something like mangohud so that you could plot .1 minimum ?

Comment

What's
          Code:
          VK_GOOGLE_user_type
          for? I use AMDVLK for most of my games (it performs better than RADV in a bunch of games, equal in most others, and ACO is a bit unstable with Navi still, but I still do use RADV for some games). And I've never used that envvar or even heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gardotd426 View Post
            What's
            Code:
            VK_GOOGLE_user_type
            for? I use AMDVLK for most of my games (it performs better than RADV in a bunch of games, equal in most others, and ACO is a bit unstable with Navi still, but I still do use RADV for some games). And I've never used that envvar or even heard of it.
            It's just an extension, useful for HLSL code being generated into SPIR-V.

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIR..._type.asciidoc

Comment

Working...
            X