Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Mod 2.08 Released As One Of The Few Games Powered By Open-Source id Tech 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Mod 2.08 Released As One Of The Few Games Powered By Open-Source id Tech 4

Phoronix: The Dark Mod 2.08 Released As One Of The Few Games Powered By Open-Source id Tech 4

There is finally a new release out of The Dark Mod, the original total conversion mod for Doom 3 that transformed into its own standalone game powered by the open-source id Tech 4 engine. This remains the lone flagship example of the open-source id Tech 4 game engine in action by the community (besides the DHEWM3 / RBDOOM-3-BFG engine work) with ioDoom3 having never taken off like ioquake3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great!, I don't play much games - but this is one is just amazing! Fully on par with commercial titles and in many ways better than the original Thief series as well!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

I'll register on Phoronix for that.

Comment

I have yet to play this title, so I'm glad I waited for this release! Sounds like an amazing community to keep hacking away on this!

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          Great!, I don't play much games - but this is one is just amazing! Fully on par with commercial titles and in many ways better than the original Thief series as well!
          Is it better than Dota 2?

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post

Is it better than Dota 2?
            I have no clue... I don't even know what Dota 2 is all about. DarkMod is free so you can try it out for yourself and see if you like it or not.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
            X