Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity 2020.1 Released With Many Fixes For Vulkan & Linux

Phoronix: Unity 2020.1 Released With Many Fixes For Vulkan & Linux

Unity 2020.1 is out today as the latest feature release for this popular, cross-platform game engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And,.. I hoped for Unity DE 2020.1! Actually, it's Unity8/Lomiri now.

Well, it's the best DE for Linux regarding productivity UX, then comes GNOME 3. It's simply the truth,.. KDE is over-complex, and this has got very negative impact on UX and productivity.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post

Well, it's the best DE for Linux regarding productivity UX, then comes GNOME 3. It's simply the truth,.. KDE is over-complex, and this has got very negative impact on UX and productivity.
      Wrong Unity. Canonical's DE is dead. The OP is referring to Unity|3D the game engine.

...Shout out Godot!
      Last edited by unis_torvalds; 23 July 2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unis_torvalds View Post
        ...Shout out Godot!
        Godot Engine looks tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by unis_torvalds View Post

Wrong Unity. Canonical's DE is dead. The OP is referring to Unity|3D the game engine.

...Shout out Godot!
          Would have been interesting if Canonical used Unity Engine for that lol.

Comment

I'm being duped every time as well.

Even though it's not the topic, I just want to clarify that it's your truth and it's my truth, but it's not THE truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
              I'm being duped every time as well.

Even though it's not the topic, I just want to clarify that it's your truth and it's my truth, but it's not THE truth.
              There's no such thing as subjective truth... There's only a subjective view based on subjective needs and limited information... The truth is defined by facts, and there's only one true reality.

And, regarding clarification, there can be many best DEs, as classification depends on criteria definition.. Kids prefer fancy things to show off, and the best DE for them is one, which provides the coolest effects. People using computer for productivity have different needs, and a different DE is the best for them, usually the one, which works nicely out of the box and doesn't stand in the way.

The truth is, that KDE is classified as over-complex, when one needs only to have few virtual desktops and custom key-bindings, in order to be fully productive..

Comment

There's no such thing as subjective truth... There's only a subjective view based on subjective needs and limited information... The truth is defined by facts, and there's only one true reality.

And, regarding clarification, there can be many best DEs, as classification depends on criteria definition.. Kids prefer fancy things to show off, and the best DE for them is one, which provides the coolest effects. People using computer for productivity have different needs, and a different DE is the best for them, usually the one, which works nicely out of the box and doesn't stand in the way.

The truth is, that KDE is classified as over-complex, when one needs only to have few virtual desktops and custom key-bindings, in order to be fully productive..
                There's obviously no subjective truth and there are indeed many workflows. It was the purpose of my initial comment, because you subjectively extrapolated your view as "simply the truth".
                I told you that's not how it works. And now you extensively prove the point I was making, contradicting your first comment in the process. It's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                  There's obviously no subjective truth and there are indeed many workflows. It was the purpose of my initial comment, because you subjectively extrapolated your view as "simply the truth".
                  I told you that's not how it works. And now you extensively prove the point I was making, contradicting your first comment in the process. It's weird.
                  The world is weird, isn't it? ... and, faulty generalization, too ...

Comment

Im waiting for more that 10 years for 1st big Unity game, which will show that is possible that is possible to move around Unity design flaws..

Because without it Unity is just toy and tool for small games and for anything else PITA. Its living is its own strange Mac developer artist world, where real values really dont count and its possible to ignore lots of major design flaws and adding new and new features to mix.. which is stand on very weak base.

Even studios which used it in the past moved to Unreal for proper technology.

Otherwise Micheal should start finnally use whole name Unity3D, no just Unity.. im sure that Unity is also name for couple of secs.
                    Last edited by ruthan; 27 July 2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X