Valve Hires Another Developer To Work On RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Hires Another Developer To Work On RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Valve Hires Another Developer To Work On RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver

Valve appears to have hired yet another open-source graphics driver developer and will initially be working on the Mesa Radeon "RADV" Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This guy’s not just another developer. He’s done some really neat stuff, like Citra. No doubt he’ll make a big contribution to open-source graphics.

Comment

I've said it multiple times, I repeat it again. Thank you very much, Valve!

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
        I've said it multiple times, I repeat it again. Thank you very much, Valve!
        Its in Valve's interest anyway. The better GPU's work the better their service works. All in the name of trying to make more money. There's no shortage of things they could do which is why they've already done a lot.
        Last edited by ix900; 28 July 2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Oh Yeah, It's All Coming Together

Comment

Valve, Collabora, Feral and Red Hat.. where would we be without them..

Comment

Amazing, wonderful!
              Thank you very much Valve!
              Even though I don't like Steam for being closed source and being DRM, I will continue to buy more games from it because of great things Valve does for Linux community.

Comment

When you first saw Gaben, were you blinded by his Majesty? Paralyzed? Awestruck?

Comment

Gabe is in NZ atm, yes he has lost some weight it seems.

Comment

Absolute madlad, looking good.

Comment

Working...
                    X