No announcement yet.

Intel Celeron G5900 + Pentium Gold G6400 Benchmarks - Low-Price Comet Lake CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Celeron G5900 + Pentium Gold G6400 Benchmarks - Low-Price Comet Lake CPUs

Phoronix: Intel Celeron G5900 + Pentium Gold G6400 Benchmarks - Low-Price Comet Lake CPUs

While we have looked a lot at how the Core i9 10900K performs at the top-end of Intel's Comet Lake line-up as well as with the likes of the i5-10600K and i3-10100, here is our first look at the very bottom of the stack with the new Celeron and Pentium processors. Benchmarked today are the Celeron G5900 as a ~$40 processor and the Pentium Gold G6400 that retails for around $60 and compared against other low-end Intel and AMD processors as well as older Intel Core i3 CPUs.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's scary how slow progress was in last 9 years.

In 2012 my pc's mb died and had to replace pc. In seven years there was jump from pentium IV prescott to i5 ivy bridge. But now...

Comment

Nice way for intel to standardize AVX!

Comment

garbage performance, always the same thing

Comment

It would have been nice to see some tests that point out the segmentation Intel puts into these processors--lack of AVX, etc. Do they still segregate off AESNI? That might be a good thing to test.

Comment

Poor, file under crap.
            Last edited by Slartifartblast; 30 July 2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShFil View Post

In 2012 my pc's mb died and had to replace pc. In seven years there was jump from pentium IV prescott to i5 ivy bridge. But now...
              Exactly this. It's been completely underwhelming. The only scarier thought is if it hadn't been for AMD, then progress would've been even slower.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                showed to be a better bet all around than the chaper Celeron G5900

Comment

Originally posted by ShFil View Post

Well, there's something about physics limitation. Maybe when we can somehow accelerate creating PC using carbon or organic, then, maybe, there's the jump that you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by herman View Post

Exactly this. It's been completely underwhelming. The only scarier thought is if it hadn't been for AMD, then progress would've been even slower.
                    Yep. I'm quite certain that the premium i7's still has 4C8T now if not for AMD.

Comment

Working...
                    X