Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Cleans Up Its Terminology, Continued USB4 Work For Linux 5.9

Phoronix: USB Cleans Up Its Terminology, Continued USB4 Work For Linux 5.9

The USB and Thunderbolt subsystem changes have already been merged into the in-development Linux 5.9 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by chuckula
    Nice try but this does nothing to stop the SYSTEMIC RACISM of the Linux Operating System!

Tell me privileged kernel developers, why is it that a BLACK process can simply be killed by the patriarchy starting with "privileged" PID 1??? Huh?? NOW WE SEE THE VIOLENCE -- I MEAN RACISM -- INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM!! Until Linux makes it so that BLACK processes can't be killed it's just propagating systemic racism and should be canceled.

#ThisPostSponsoredByApple
    Wtf? Take the chill pill...

Comment

Darn it. Here I thought the news was the USB IF pulling their heads out of their collective a**es and renaming the various iterations of USB 3.x something sane.

Comment

Originally posted by nranger View Post
        Darn it. Here I thought the news was the USB IF pulling their heads out of their collective a**es and renaming the various iterations of USB 3.x something sane.
        There is nothing more sane then:
        USB 3.2 Gen 1
        USB 3.2 Gen 2
        USB 3.2 Gen 2x2

but I have a serious problem with USB 4, because it should actually be called USB 3.2 Gen 3, maybe better if we put all USB standards under the USB 4 umbrella and name them per Gen. So USB 4 would actually be USB 4.4 Gen 1.

Comment

Master/slave removed from the code, all the issues with China magically resolved. Good job guys.

Comment

• > 90 % of the death of blockers are due to other blockers
            • there is still device-trade going on today, in africa. but i guess this is not addressed because both host and device are blockers
            But Rome was not built in a day, you have to start somewhere. Surely this will make some hosts think twice if the really want to make new devices. Or some blocker in Chicago will see the change list and not pull the trigger.
            And let's not forget: Now that the code is inclusive, those blockers can finally stop their gangwars and start coding!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula
              Nice try but this does nothing to stop the SYSTEMIC RACISM of the Linux Operating System!

Tell me privileged kernel developers, why is it that a BLACK process can simply be killed by the patriarchy starting with "privileged" PID 1??? Huh?? NOW WE SEE THE VIOLENCE -- I MEAN RACISM -- INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM!! Until Linux makes it so that BLACK processes can't be killed it's just propagating systemic racism and should be canceled.

#ThisPostSponsoredByApple
              When you mix in stupid insanity among the appropriate disdains, it makes your whole point worthless. It's actually stupid. I hate this change, but I hate your response even more.

Comment

LOL. Had hoped they would have fixed their version naming, this is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by gabber View Post
                  • > 90 % of the death of blockers are due to other blockers
                  • there is still device-trade going on today, in africa. but i guess this is not addressed because both host and device are blockers
                  But Rome was not built in a day, you have to start somewhere. Surely this will make some hosts think twice if the really want to make new devices. Or some blocker in Chicago will see the change list and not pull the trigger.
                  And let's not forget: Now that the code is inclusive, those blockers can finally stop their gangwars and start coding!
                  One thing is sure, those changes did NOT remove racism from the community! Who was stupid enough to think that it would anyway? Racism is present in the FOSS community but NOT in the master/slave terminology. Once again, people fight against imaginary racism while real racism is still very present and not fought against. I'm seriously starting to think that the true reason behind those imaginary racism controversies is that some people just do NOT want to fight against real racism and are fighting imaginary racism just to pretend to be fighting racism, so they can do nothing against real racism without being told they are doing nothing against racism.

Note: Trying to hide racist violence behind non-racist violence… classical racist propaganda. "Why should FOSS devs complain about issues caused by closed formats/protocols, most issues in FOSS are not caused by closed formats/protocols but by FOSS devs mistakes." It's basically of the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by nranger View Post
                    "Full Speed" being slower than "High Speed" is still my favorite USB naming blunder.

Comment

Working...
                    X