Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.10 To Bring Some Improvements For Newer Lenovo Laptops

Phoronix: Linux 5.10 To Bring Some Improvements For Newer Lenovo Laptops

With Lenovo working to expand their Linux line-up and already Fedora being offered on the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8, more Linux support improvements are on the way...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

being a loyal ThinkPad user that sounds great, altough I'm already almost 100% satistfied with current hw support.

they only thing I can see improved is the T480S docking station support, which sometimes is a bit buggy.
    never had a problem with the docking station of the T420 and X220.

Comment

I do not understand why Lenovo do not offer too their Chromebook hardware, already with coreboot and prepared for liGNUx with Fedora.

I bet that those cheap laptops would work better with Fedora than with Chrome OS and will sell very well on those markets where Chromebooks are not as available as in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by mitcoes View Post
        I do not understand why Lenovo do not offer too their Chromebook hardware, already with coreboot and prepared for liGNUx with Fedora.

I bet that those cheap laptops would work better with Fedora than with Chrome OS and will sell very well on those markets where Chromebooks are not as available as in USA.
        Because there is no margin in that price class to fund ongoing Linux support. That is why most of the Linux work is happening in the ThinkPad line, where the average margin is higher.

Comment

I'm still not ready to forgive them for Superfish

Comment

Unlike HP 4$$holes who do not care. I made mistake by purchasing HP a year ago..., but never again.

Comment

I'm really happy to see that improved Linux support for Lenovo is on the way. I assume Lenovo is in one way or another putting money into it.

Comment

Would be nice if they finally add support for their 3G modem included in the Gen8... The 7560 modem isn't of much use for now...
                Hopefully that will change someday.

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
                  I'm still not ready to forgive them for Superfish
                  You mean the code from Komodia they allowed ("SSL Hijacker"). I don't think that was ever installed on a ThinkPad. Just the lower tiered consumer devices.

Comment

Originally posted by mitcoes View Post
                    because Chromebooks actually sell better?

Comment

Working...
                    X