Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unvanquished Game, Assets Are Now Fully Open-Source Compliant

Phoronix: Unvanquished Game, Assets Are Now Fully Open-Source Compliant

Unvanquished was one of the most promising open-source game projects nearly a decade ago with its "Daemon" engine but since abandoning their monthly alpha release regiment and their beta/stable releases never materializing either, it's been relatively quiet the past few years. But their developers have been persisting and today they are announcing that following a three-year cleanup the game is fully free/open-source including all assets under applicable licenses...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let's celebrate! Let's play! 🥳🕹️🥂 https://unvanquished.net/download/ 💪

Comment

Nice to hear some news about a open source game. It's been quite dead about that. It seemed to have more momentum before maybe. I wish there was some new open source game using Vulkan that was high quality.
      It's too bad nothing turned out of Tesseract and that id Software never open sourced any of their newer engines.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        It's too bad nothing turned out of Tesseract and that id Software never open sourced any of their newer engines.
        We have to thank their corporate overlords for the latter I think. Haven't played any of id's games after ZeniMax gobbled them up in 2009.

Comment

Never heard of it. Installing it now

Comment

Originally posted by 145Hz View Post

We have to thank their corporate overlords for the latter I think. Haven't played any of id's games after ZeniMax gobbled them up in 2009.

They still make great engines I can tell you that much. Wolfenstein - The new order (2014) runs at an almost solid 40-45 fps with moderate details on my laptop with Intel HD and i3-5005U CPU, and that's with OpenGL (Vulkan support came in later engines).

Comment

Working...
            X