Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache Creator Tool Proposed For AMDVLK Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Cache Creator Tool Proposed For AMDVLK Vulkan Driver

Google engineer Steven Perron has laid out their proposal for an XGL cache creator tool for AMD's official Vulkan Linux driver, AMDVLK...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

BTW. Anyone know if AMDVLK use cache for taking just like mesa/radv? And if compiling sharders working on Steam?

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
      BTW. Anyone know if AMDVLK use cache for taking just like mesa/radv? And if compiling sharders working on Steam?
      Don't know if you meant to ask whether AMDVLK specifically works with Steam's AOT shader compilation, but on my end, not doing anything special besides updating Mesa to the latest stable 20.1.x version on top of a fresh Pop!_OS installation, RADV+LLVM worked perfectly fine and delivered a smooth gaming experience with Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam, with virtually no stutter (RX 5700, 1440p). So I suppose that Steam's shader compilation upon launching the game for the first time actually did something. Sometimes it repeats when updating the driver, but it doesn't take too long. I tried launching the game with RADV+ACO on a cold cache and it was understandably more stuttery than RADV+LLVM on a hot cache, but I must admit it seems to "settle" fairly quickly.

Comment

Is this similar to fossilize?

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
          It does, you can enable it like that: https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/A...ntime-settings

Comment

Working...
          X