No announcement yet.

Firefox Nightly Flips On New JIT "Warp" Code For Greater JavaScript Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Nightly Flips On New JIT "Warp" Code For Greater JavaScript Performance

Phoronix: Firefox Nightly Flips On New JIT "Warp" Code For Greater JavaScript Performance

Mozilla's SpiderMonkey JavaScript engine team have been working on a big update to their just-in-time compiler code. This big update called "Warp" is now enabled in the latest Firefox Nightly builds for offering big speed-ups...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Numbers cited by Warm developers are normally in the 5~15% range.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Idk, I hope they are still warm.

Comment

That sounds like we can expect benchmarks soon

Comment

It looks like the timing is right for that to be the source of the Ares6 and Kraken regressions

Those benchmarks aren't everything though, and it looks like speedometer improves slightly

Comment

Good news ! (Even though I switched to Vivaldi a couple of weeks ago, and not looking back).

I'm still hoping for Mozilla to straighten their priorities, only then will I reconsider my default browser.

Comment

Originally posted by all3f0r1 View Post
              I switched to Vivaldi.
              Enjoy your binary blob I guess. Any semblance of privacy goes down the drain.

Comment

Whenever a new Firefox browser is released I give it a try, but for a few years now it just doesn't work on some websites. The primary problems are with forums, and there just doesn't seem to be any way to get around the issues. Of course I first try configuring Firefox the same way as Chrome, primarily with UBlock and HTML5 Autoplay Blocker. And then I try it with all blockers, including the built-in ones, disabled. But no matter what I do it just doesn't work.

Of course I've also tried Chromium, but it doesn't work with some streaming sites, even with protected content enabled.

So I always end up having to use Chrome as my default browser. And I really wish that weren't the case.

By the way, the new "Daylight" Android Firefox is an absolute disaster. And Android Chrome always has been as well. So I ended up having to download an APK for the last Fennec Firefox, as it's the only Android browser that works with extensions, allows a custom home page, regular bookmarks, etc.
                Last edited by muncrief; 25 September 2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
                  Whenever a new Firefox browser is released I give it a try, but for a few years now it just doesn't work on some websites. The primary problems are with forums, and there just doesn't seem to be anyway to get around the issues. Of course I first try configuring Firefox the same way as Chrome, primarily with UBlock and HTML5 Autoplay Blocker. And then I try it with all blockers, including the built-in ones, disabled. But no matter what I do it just doesn't work.

Of course I've also tried Chromium, but it doesn't work with some streaming sites, even with protected content enabled.

So I always end up having to use Chrome as my default browser. And I really wish that weren't the case.

By the way, the new "Daylight" Android Firefox is an absolute disaster. And Android Chrome always has been as well. So I ended up having to download an APK for the last Fennec Firefox, as it's the only Android browser that works with extensions, allows a custom home page, regular bookmarks, etc.
                  Yeah. I really dislike all the built-in blockers and privacy crap Firefox includes these days. And I mean crap because those break more websites than anything else in my experience. Plus, unlike extensions that can be disabled and enabled from the toolbar, the built-in ones require me to go into the settings menu and disable them there...just an extra layer of annoyance.

I'm still a Firefox user, but damn are they trying my patience.

Comment

Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post

Enjoy your binary blob I guess. Any semblance of privacy goes down the drain.
                    It's the internet. Any semblance of privacy goes down the drain the second you connect to a website.

Comment

Working...
                    X