NVIDIA GeForce vs. AMD Radeon Vulkan Neural Network Performance With NCNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce vs. AMD Radeon Vulkan Neural Network Performance With NCNN

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce vs. AMD Radeon Vulkan Neural Network Performance With NCNN

With having added Tencent's NCNN tests to the Phoronix Test Suite with Vulkan acceleration, here is a look at the real-world impact by using RealSR-NCNN for scaling up with RealSR. Various NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards were tested for this initial NCNN / RealSR-NCNN Vulkan comparison.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great to see Vega doing exceptionally well in this workload. Too bad that most of the tech press doesn't care about these scientific / professional workloads that its bad reputation will stick to the end of its product life.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
      Great to see Vega doing exceptionally well in this workload. Too bad that most of the tech press doesn't care about these scientific / professional workloads that its bad reputation will stick to the end of its product life.
      In that case these aren't tech press anymore as they are mostly focusing on games.

Comment

Looks like on the AMD side that the best compute bang for the power budget is the Radeon RX 5700. I wonder going forward with AMD's bifurcation of graphics cards (RDNA) and compute cards (CDNA) that we will be forced to choose between the two for different use cases and work loads as opposed to buying a more general all purpose card as we can now with a Vega based card ??

Comment

Nice to see that Radeon VII is still the king of compute!
          I hope that some of the RDNA 2 GPUs will come also with HBM2 or HBM2E memory to at least match its performance with the same power consumption.

Comment

Why is 1070 faster than 1080, and 1070 has lower power conumption here? All technical specifications of 1080 are better, and 1070 was released just 2 weeks later.

Comment

Now I'm really wondering how well ACO would do, considering radav's default is doing so well.
              But considering piet-gpu was nearly twice was fast with the alternative shader backend, anything might be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                Now I'm really wondering how well ACO would do, considering radav's default is doing so well.
                But considering piet-gpu was nearly twice was fast with the alternative shader backend, anything might be possible.
                ACO is the default.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

ACO is the default.
                  Oh, I misread. It's late, good night

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    Nice to see that Radeon VII is still the king of compute!
                    I hope that some of the RDNA 2 GPUs will come also with HBM2 or HBM2E memory to at least match its performance with the same power consumption.
                    I would imagine that since HBM is so hot and expensive AMD will reserve HBM for their CDNA compute cards and keep scads of GDDR6 on their RDNA cards with the possible exception of some one off RDNA 2 Geforce killer. Plus GDDR6x is right around the corner.
                    Last edited by Jumbotron; 25 September 2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X