Warzone 2100 Lands Vulkan Renderer, Adaptive V-Sync For 20+ Year Old Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warzone 2100 Lands Vulkan Renderer, Adaptive V-Sync For 20+ Year Old Game

Phoronix: Warzone 2100 Lands Vulkan Renderer, Adaptive V-Sync For 20+ Year Old Game

Warzone 2100 as the real-time strategy/tactics game that first premiered in 1999 before becoming open-source in 2004 and then fully open-source with game data in 2008 is now evolving in 2020 with Vulkan graphics support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love these Vulkan implementations in open source games, not only they may perform faster, but can be extremely helpful for low power systems such as the Raspberry Pi.

Comment

I got close to beating WZ2100 (or at least, I think I was close) but never quite got there. If this Vulkan stuff gets the frame rates up a bit higher on my Raspberry Pi 4, it would be great. Might have to give it another go eventually.

Comment

Downloading ...
        The last time I played this game was loooooong time ago when it was released on the PSX

Comment

It's great to have another open source game ported to Vulkan. I did a short test and it worked well :-)

Comment

Working...
          X