Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 5.19 Adds Windows.Networking.Connectivity

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 5.19 Adds Windows.Networking.Connectivity

Following yesterday's release of Wine 5.19, the developers responsible for the Wine-Staging have issued their corresponding update for this codebase that adds 600+ patches currently undergoing testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone else read the comments on that bug report? I ROFL'd.

F:\Games\Just Cause 4\JustCause4.exe
    Because it was installed there the first comment accused it of being a pirated copy. Like a person can't use a non-standard install location. I guess I stole all my games on my ZFS mirror since they're installed under /multimedia/Games/Windows which is a case insensitive pool just for Windows games on my Linux box.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Anyone else read the comments on that bug report? I ROFL'd.

Because it was installed there the first comment accused it of being a pirated copy. Like a person can't use a non-standard install location. I guess I stole all my games on my ZFS mirror since they're installed under /multimedia/Games/Windows which is a case insensitive pool just for Windows games on my Linux box.
      Would you mind clarifying? How does Windows access the data on the pool?

I'm moving to ZFS with a Windows VM and have been pondering how best to have the games coming off ZFS storage.

I would rather not limit myself to features compatible with ZFS on Windows, or worry about that corrupting my pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranguvar View Post

Would you mind clarifying? How does Windows access the data on the pool?

I'm moving to ZFS with a Windows VM and have been pondering how best to have the games coming off ZFS storage.

I would rather not limit myself to features compatible with ZFS on Windows, or worry about that corrupting my pool.
        Windows doesn't...or rather won't until either ZFS On Windows matures more or I build a new system and turn my current one into a file server and leave my mirror in it. Everything there is only accessed by Wine or Steam/Proton.

Comment

Windows doesn't...or rather won't until either ZFS On Windows matures more or I build a new system and turn my current one into a file server and leave my mirror in it. Everything there is only accessed by Wine or Steam/Proton.
          Did you try to access the Steam library over the network with (sshfs, nfs, samba, glusterfs)? I tried this but IO performance was in every combination too bad and I had to go back to a local storage. Steam seems to require a low latency local storage.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Did you try to access the Steam library over the network with (sshfs, nfs, samba, glusterfs)? I tried this but IO performance was in every combination too bad and I had to go back to a local storage. Steam seems to require a low latency local storage.
            Only local.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Thanks for sparing me a lot of time testing these, at least for now.
              I'll settle for NTFS for the time being!

Thanks also skeevy420, somehow missed that you likely just meant Wine.

Comment

You can also symlink the steam common folder to the games folder, a easy fix to the solution for those not wanting to manually navigate into the steam library all the time.
                But also GOG games generally just install into the games folder also, and are often DRM free, so I guess GOG games are all pirated games in some peoples eyes also?

Comment

Working...
                X