Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 11 Ending Feature Development In One Month

Phoronix: GCC 11 Ending Feature Development In One Month

The GNU Compiler Collection 11 (GCC 11) will be ending stage one development in mid-November to get the release process underway...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Richad?...

Comment

just wish AMD would hurry up and document their new architecture already. Don't they have any technical people with enough influence to advice sales and marketing how to make a good launch?

Comment

So when does Rust gets standardized and included as part of GCC and LLVM?

Comment

i really hope modules will land this time

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            i really hope modules will land this time
            Not sure this hope, that I share, is realistic.

I have more hope for znver3, which I really want to see too (probably even more than modules).

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              just wish AMD would hurry up and document their new architecture already. Don't they have any technical people with enough influence to advice sales and marketing how to make a good launch?
              I think AMDs goal was to achieve performance at least as good as intel cores with code compiled primarily for intel targets (Windows games, Cinebench, ...), and if last weeks benchmarks are real, they succeeded. Therefore a special "znver3" option isn't absolutely necessary, unless you want to extract maximum performance.
              Although I don't understand why they don't just hire SuSE to help them with gcc optimizations like they did in the early 2000s with K8.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                So when does Rust gets standardized and included as part of GCC and LLVM?
                It would be great if it could get some dedicated support from folks working on backends, so that compile times woudl be better and optimizations tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post

It would be great if it could get some dedicated support from folks working on backends, so that compile times woudl be better and optimizations tighter.
                  I really hope there's first class citizen Rust support in GCC someday! A man can dream...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I really hope there's first class citizen Rust support in GCC someday! A man can dream...
                    These are the efforts I know of :

libgccjit AOT codegen for rustc. Contribute to antoyo/rustc_codegen_gcc development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                    X