Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.9.1 + 6 Other Stable Kernels Out For Addressing "Bleeding Tooth" Vulnerability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.9.1 + 6 Other Stable Kernels Out For Addressing "Bleeding Tooth" Vulnerability

Phoronix: Linux 5.9.1 + 6 Other Stable Kernels Out For Addressing "Bleeding Tooth" Vulnerability

One week past the Linux 5.9 official debut, Linux 5.9.1 is now available. Making this initial point release a bit more noteworthy is including the fixes for the "Bleeding Tooth" Bluetooth vulnerability made public this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have a feeling bluetooth itself isn't the state of an art. There were so many problems with it (not only security ones) and systems like *BSD still failed at delivering it for end users in complete form. Isn't it some over complicated mess?

Comment

Yeah. .1 broke bluetooth fir me. My mice keeps disconnecting after some time and will not recover until i peer it again. Game controller stays connected, but lags behind by a lot sometimes. LTS, here i come.

Comment

I can't wait for my phone to update and get this fix

What sucks: my phone in my car and my PS4 controller to the PC are the only two things I use bluetooth for. That means my home gaming rig -- just fine. Gotta plug the dongle in first before gaming anyways. My phone, OTOH, may or may not get a fix for that anytime soon and it uses bluetooth in public since that's how I listen to music on the go.

My fixed device with a physical bluetooth dongle -- secure. My portable device with a software switch -- not secure. Something is just messed up about that.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I can't wait for my phone to update and get this fix

What sucks: my phone in my car and my PS4 controller to the PC are the only two things I use bluetooth for. That means my home gaming rig -- just fine. Gotta plug the dongle in first before gaming anyways. My phone, OTOH, may or may not get a fix for that anytime soon and it uses bluetooth in public since that's how I listen to music on the go.

My fixed device with a physical bluetooth dongle -- secure. My portable device with a software switch -- not secure. Something is just messed up about that.
          Isn't your phone based on Android? If the answer is yes, it probably uses different bluetooth stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            I have a feeling bluetooth itself isn't the state of an art. There were so many problems with it (not only security ones) and systems like *BSD still failed at delivering it for end users in complete form. Isn't it some over complicated mess?
            Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is very much the state of the art, available since Bluetooth 4 a decade ago. Support for legacy protocol versions is not mandatory for any product to be officially BT 4+, and that's fine and easy for BT clients like mice or headphones. But of course it wouldn't be nice if an OS didn't support every BT protocol and every BT gadget under the sun, and I guess that might be more of a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
              and systems like *BSD still failed at delivering it for end users in complete form
              Why do you expect a retro enthusiasts OS to support bluetooth properly? Where is my MS-DOS bluetooth support.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Why do you expect a retro enthusiasts OS to support bluetooth properly? Where is my MS-DOS bluetooth support.
                Hanging out with the OS/2 Warp 3 Vulkan driver.

Comment

Working...
                X