No announcement yet.

Turnip Vulkan Driver Picks Up Geometry Streams To Support DXVK's Direct3D 10.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnip Vulkan Driver Picks Up Geometry Streams To Support DXVK's Direct3D 10.1

Phoronix: Turnip Vulkan Driver Picks Up Geometry Streams To Support DXVK's Direct3D 10.1

We haven't heard much of traditional Linux gaming on any ARM-powered Qualcomm notebooks as it would rely on the likes of Hangover for running Windows x86_64 games on ARM, but the Turnip Vulkan driver within Mesa has a necessary feature for now being able to run DXVK with the Direct3D 10_1 (v10.1) feature level...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How is the android support for those open-source drivers?

AFAIR that graphicsfuzz (before being purchased by google) didn't find any issue with open-source drivers, a thing that didn't happen with the closed source one

Comment

Why do I think ugh.... TurnIP? TURNIP? Turnip?
      Why do I always think it is a network driver for Qualcomm SoCs when I hear that name?

Maybe because TURN is a NAT traversal technique and IP means Internet Protocol?

Comment

i think you'll get low-power gaming with hangover, as in "low fps"

Comment

Working...
        X