Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 14.0 Released With Better USB Gaming Headset Support

Phoronix: PulseAudio 14.0 Released With Better USB Gaming Headset Support

While in 2021 we might begin to see PipeWire replacing PulseAudio by default at least on bleeding-edge distributions like Fedora, for now PulseAudio still is the dominant sound server used by desktop Linux distributions. Rolling out today is PulseAudio 14.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

compared to PulseAudio 13.0 that shipped all the way back in September of September
    Wow time flies.

Comment

Nice. They finally fixed issues with default sink, and HDMI. Yay. Finally I would not be enraged by this.

Also, the custom configuration for headsets are nice. FYI. The headsets worked, but they now added some tweaks to a default configuration to popular headsets, so it works out of the box optimally.

Comment

«- Automatic switching the audio output is now disabled by default as with PulseAudio 13.0 the change happened but was unintentional and caused some "very annoying behavior" for users.»

I have an issue where switching between HDMI output and onboard headphone output causes a lot of distortion noise and echos until I "pulseaudio -k". If that could finally be fixed, I would be happy. I hope that's what's referenced in what I quote. Can someone confirm or deny?

I'm looking forward to seeing PipeWire in action, but I remember when PulseAudio came along and I'm going to be a bit careful getting my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
          Wow time flies.
          Ughhhhhhhhh

Comment

Think he's feeling extra slow now lol.

If there's less audio problems with this, am all for that. Don't know why they needed to go and change things anyway. Always makes sense to make things worse for a year lol.

Comment

- Automatic switching the audio output is now disabled by default as with PulseAudio 13.0 the change happened but was unintentional and caused some "very annoying behavior" for users.
              Is this the reason my audio on Kubuntu 20.10 doesn't work after I boot but starts working after I log out and in back again?

Comment

the obsolete EsounD support is also planned for removal
                Noooo! Not the EsounD! How will I ever cope!?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Noooo! Not the EsounD! How will I ever cope!?
                  Oh. Wow. EsounD. That is a name I didn't hear in a very very long time. Last time I used esound was probably in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
                    I remember when PulseAudio came along
                    on ubuntu?

Comment

Working...
                    X