Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Linux Performance Exceeds The RTX 2080 SUPER - Costs Just $399 USD

NVIDIA tomorrow is launching the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti with their Founder's Edition card and AIB variants are also expected. For about $400 USD, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti offers performance comparable or slightly faster than the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER and especially much stronger performance for compute and RTX workloads. With the review embargo now lifted a day ahead of the launch, here are the initial Linux benchmarks of the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti under Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seems NVIDIA is feeling AMD's pressure. Thats what we want - competition it will be good for both fanboy parties.
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 01 December 2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

This card is supposed to be targeting the mainstream market, yet it still seems to have that stupid power connector. One could argue that it's needed for the ultra high-end models for safe power delivery, but why is it on a card like this? Does nvidia expect so many people to go out and buy a new PSU? Using adapters just introduces a weak spot in the system. Totally unnecessary and unjustified.

Comment

A good GPU for FP32 computing.

Comment

This is quite an interesting addition in the sub-$400 space
          Yeah, $399 technically meets that definition

But price and performance, well priced card. Can't wait to see what AMD counters with.

Comment

As long as you don't mind NVIDIA's proprietary drivers on Linux, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti offers down right great value at $399 USD.
            I mind.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              This card is supposed to be targeting the mainstream market, yet it still seems to have that stupid power connector. One could argue that it's needed for the ultra high-end models for safe power delivery, but why is it on a card like this? Does nvidia expect so many people to go out and buy a new PSU? Using adapters just introduces a weak spot in the system. Totally unnecessary and unjustified.
              I think they expect people to use an adapter. That's what most will use. They should be buying a better power supply though. That's like step 1 in the "Can my PC use this GPU?" checklist.

Well, it's the new step one. The old step one was "Does my PC have an AGP slot?". I found out the answer was no after I bought it. 12 year olds, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                You get the adapter in box for the Founders Edition and AIB models have old connectors. No need to change your PSU in either case.
                Some manufacturers like Seasonic offer alternative cables for their modular PSUs, but of course those are not free.

Comment

looking forward to 3050 or 3010

this is still too expensive for me and Africans countries

Comment

In Europe, this will most definitly be an above 400 euro card. Might be somewhat of a value if it can drop to MSRP, but that's not very impressive of a price/performance proposition imho

Comment

Working...
                    X