Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.11 Is Heavy On New Features, Improvements For 2021

Phoronix: Linux 5.11 Is Heavy On New Features, Improvements For 2021

The Linux 5.11 merge window has been open the past two weeks following the debut of Linux 5.10 but is set to close today. A lot of new features and exciting improvements were merged for Linux 5.11 although it is somewhat of a bumpy ride at the moment but should be buttoned up and ready for its stable release come February.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I want you so bad it's driving me mad, it's driving me mad

Comment

Still no PREEMPT_RT. Sad.

Comment

It really is a shame too bad that 5.11 is not going to be the LTS kernel. Those improvements look remarkable.
        GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
          Any hopes about RT patchset integration?

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
            They've been saying RT is going to be fully upstreamed "soon" for years, don't take it seriously unless you want to be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

They've been saying RT is going to be fully upstreamed "soon" for years, don't take it seriously unless you want to be disappointed.
              Honestly those needing Real-time support should just fork. I’ve just never seen the two needs merging well.

Comment

Originally posted by f0rmat View Post
                It really is a shame too bad that 5.11 is not going to be the LTS kernel. Those improvements look remarkable.
                There's just one LTS kernel, its name is RHEL. All others are for having fun and bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

There's just one LTS kernel, its name is RHEL. All others are for having fun and bugs.
                  Linux makes it easy to have a choice. RHEL is not the choice for everyone. If it works for you, great.
                  GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Can anyone confirm these two features are in, I don't see them in the list:
                    - fanless support for AMD RX580
                    - the new NTFS driver

Comment

Working...
                    X