No announcement yet.

Wine 6.0 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements For Windows Software On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 6.0 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements For Windows Software On Linux

Phoronix: Wine 6.0 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements For Windows Software On Linux

Wine 6.0 stable is now officially available as the annual stable release for this open-source project allowing Windows games and applications to run on Linux, macOS, and other Unix-like platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really need the feature of running legacy Win32 games on HiDPI screen. Currently they are just too small because Wine can't scale the window properly. Scaling fonts in winecfg doesn't work for games, and using VNC or xpra to workaround is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Sadly this version dont have dark sector patch but..... if you can compile from source + patch give this

Dark Sector D9VK Test 48fps NVENC x64 + SoundNvidia Drivers 455.46.02 (estamos usando el paquete binario (run package) de la pagina de nvidia)***Lubuntu 20.0...

Comment

Originally posted by xzhao View Post
        I really need the feature of running legacy Win32 games on HiDPI screen. Currently they are just too small because Wine can't scale the window properly. Scaling fonts in winecfg doesn't work for games, and using VNC or xpra to workaround is a pain in the ass.
        Just use a WM that can do scaling or zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Here is a list of compositors that are able to do that:

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
            Sorry but can KWin do that? I set scaling factor to be 200% in KDE systemsettings but it doesn't scale wine program (other programs are all good)

Comment

so madvr is support now ?

Comment

compiz could do that + you could deactivate zoom follows mouse courser, always played D2 that way back in the days

Comment

Originally posted by xzhao View Post
                  The best workaround I can think of for now is to decrease your screen resolution while playing old games.

Someone could write a tool that does this automatically depending on the currently focused window or active process.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

The best workaround I can think of for now is to decrease your screen resolution while playing old games.

Someone could write a tool that does this automatically depending on the currently focused window or active process.
                    I am thinking how hard it would be to add this feature in wine. Shouldn't be hard if only shoot for X11...

Comment

Working...
                    X