CentOS Hyperscaler Effort Approved With Backing From Facebook, Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CentOS Hyperscaler Effort Approved With Backing From Facebook, Twitter

Phoronix: CentOS Hyperscaler Effort Approved With Backing From Facebook, Twitter

The CentOS board has approved the creation of a "Hyperscale" SIG spearheaded by engineers from the likes of Facebook and Twitter in aiming to make CentOS Stream more appealing to such large scale server/cloud organizations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think I'm going to being referring to CentOS as 'Stalin's Condom' from now on.

Comment

"We'll certainly be monitoring the progress of this special interest group to see what interesting work comes of it."

We knew you would. Looking forward to your coverage.

Comment

Michael I think you should put CentOS Stream in the title. The initial impression I got was that companies are putting some effort into keeping the now defunct CentOS alive.
        Since CentOS will be with us for a few years more anyway, I think you should use CentOS Stream as often as possible to help people disambiguate.
        Last edited by bug77; 16 January 2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Michael I think you should put CentOS Stream in the title. The initial impression I got was that companies are putting some effort into keeping the now defunct CentOS alive.
          Since CentOS willbe with us for a few years more anyway, I think you should use CentOS Stream as often as possible to help people disambiguate.
          Maybe Red Hat should just rename CentOS Stream to RHEL Beta and eliminate any ambiguity.

Comment

Working...
          X