Godot 4.0 Game Engine Seeing Many Exciting CPU / GPU Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot 4.0 Game Engine Seeing Many Exciting CPU / GPU Optimizations

Phoronix: Godot 4.0 Game Engine Seeing Many Exciting CPU / GPU Optimizations

On top of Godot 4.0 having a Vulkan renderer, native Wayland bits, and other graphics improvements, it's also seeing significant CPU and GPU optimizations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I feel like Godot 4.0 is going to be an entirely different engine than we were used to with Godot 3.x.

Someone please enlighten me, how is Juan even able to keep up that pace? The guy is a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by all3f0r1 View Post
      I feel like Godot 4.0 is going to be an entirely different engine than we were used to with Godot 3.x.
      In effect. At the Godot developer's conference he said that the Godot 4 API won't be reverse compatible with Godot 3.x projects. (Which is why they're backporting some features and bugfixes to the 3.x chain).

Comment

Working...
      X