Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proton 5.13-6 Released With Better PS5 Controller Handling, More Cyberpunk 2077 Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 5.13-6 Released With Better PS5 Controller Handling, More Cyberpunk 2077 Fixes

Phoronix: Proton 5.13-6 Released With Better PS5 Controller Handling, More Cyberpunk 2077 Fixes

Proton 5.13-6 is out in time for the weekend Linux gamer in providing the latest functionality for this Wine downstream that powers Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately there are game braking graphical glitches in one of the late levels of Little Nightmares II. Probably not AAA enough to get some fixes.

Comment

Anyone know how to get proton working in lutris again since lutris removed proton support? Would love to try proton with my lutris running gog cyberpunk. I'm starting to regret not buying it on steam by seeing all the improvements going into proton.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by fafreeman View Post
        Anyone know how to get proton working in lutris again since lutris removed proton support? Would love to try proton with my lutris running gog cyberpunk. I'm starting to regret not buying it on steam by seeing all the improvements going into proton.

​​​​
        You could add it to your Steam Library* and run it from there with Proton.

* You can add non-steam games

Comment

Originally posted by fafreeman View Post

​​
          All fixes and enhancements from proton and even from proton-ge go into wine-lutris, so for most games you should be fine with just keeping wine updated within Lutris itself, since it bundles the best version of wine for gaming.

That said, it's true that for some games we still need to keep around some specific builds of wine to be able to play properly. For that you can manually add any build of wine to the list in Lutris by just putting the folder in ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine (or, you could also choose a version of wine from anywhere with the file-picker on the game's settings, but I think adding it to the list is more practical)

You can get standalone builds of proton (and many other versions of wine) from Kron4ek's GitHub repository: https://github.com/Kron4ek/Wine-Builds/releases

I only buy games from GOG now and usually can get them to run just as well as Steam, if not better due to the easy choice of many runners in Lutris.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
            Unfortunately there are game braking graphical glitches in one of the late levels of Little Nightmares II. Probably not AAA enough to get some fixes.
            not aaa enough for you to report it to bugtracker?

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post

All fixes and enhancements from proton and even from proton-ge go into wine-lutris, so for most games you should be fine with just keeping wine updated within Lutris itself, since it bundles the best version of wine for gaming.

That said, it's true that for some games we still need to keep around some specific builds of wine to be able to play properly. For that you can manually add any build of wine to the list in Lutris by just putting the folder in ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine (or, you could also choose a version of wine from anywhere with the file-picker on the game's settings, but I think adding it to the list is more practical)

You can get standalone builds of proton (and many other versions of wine) from Kron4ek's GitHub repository: https://github.com/Kron4ek/Wine-Builds/releases

I only buy games from GOG now and usually can get them to run just as well as Steam, if not better due to the easy choice of many runners in Lutris.

Hope that helps.
              oh wow i didn't know that. thank you very much. i'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
              X