Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Mod 2.09 Released With New OpenGL Rendering Backend

Phoronix: The Dark Mod 2.09 Released With New OpenGL Rendering Backend

The Dark Mod that began as a total conversion mod for Doom 3 but evolved into a standalone game making use of the open-source id Tech 4 game engine is out with a big update. This is one of the few open-source games making use of the public id Tech 4 code-base and with today's v2.09 update is a large rewrite to its graphics back-end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael any chance you could look into the embedding of videos on your website? Every YouTube video you post is only partially visible on phones (I first thought this was just an issue in iPhones, but it is as well on my new Android phone with Firefox mobile, didn't test Chrome)
    This is especially inconvenient since I can't access the video's maximise button without switching to landscape orientation...

Comment

As someone who has played this on/off since around 2010, back when it was still a mod and not a total conversion, it's always great to see TDM continue to improve. I'll have to fire up my old quad-core laptop and see if the multi-core improvements affect performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mani View Post
        Michael any chance you could look into the embedding of videos on your website? Every YouTube video you post is only partially visible on phones (I first thought this was just an issue in iPhones, but it is as well on my new Android phone with Firefox mobile, didn't test Chrome)
        This is especially inconvenient since I can't access the video's maximise button without switching to landscape orientation...
        Works fine on my tablet, cutoff on my phone. Turning my phone 90 degrees, landscape, fixes it. Switching to desktop mode and zooming out also works.

That applies to Firefox and Chrome, tablet and phone.

Comment

i always keep auto rotate off, so things like phoronix's broken youtube videos i just skip over instead of jumping through hoops to try to get at it. :/

edit: it must have been a while since i tried a phoronix youtube video, but i tried just now and it actually works right. maybe michael just fixed it or something got updated in firefox..
          Last edited by quaz0r; 15 February 2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

The narration of the video reminded me of Steven Hill of the Hearts of Space radio broadcast. I almost expected to hear "Save Journey Space Fans, Wherever you are"

Comment

Working...
            X