Faster IO_uring, BFQ + BLK-MQ Improvements Among The I/O Fun For Linux 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster IO_uring, BFQ + BLK-MQ Improvements Among The I/O Fun For Linux 5.12

Phoronix: Faster IO_uring, BFQ + BLK-MQ Improvements Among The I/O Fun For Linux 5.12

The block subsystem and related storage changes were merged today for the in-development Linux 5.12 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For some reason, this reminded me of the outrage that the release of Ubuntu 20.04 would not be using Kernel 5.6 but instead 5.4

Something about major improvements in 5.6 ? I don't recall.

Comment

io_uring is so hot.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
        io_uring is so hot.
        Indeed it is!

I wonder if io_uring one day will be able to load drivers and such in user land, transforming Linux into a real hybrid micro kernel!

Comment

Originally posted by KoenDG View Post
          For some reason, this reminded me of the outrage that the release of Ubuntu 20.04 would not be using Kernel 5.6 but instead 5.4

Something about major improvements in 5.6 ? I don't recall.
          I recall reading about some issues that would crop up on kernel 5.4 when using io_uring for specific things. See this issue on the Trio async framework for Python.

Comment

Working...
          X