Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch-Based SalientOS + EndeavourOS Take On Clear/Fedora/Ubuntu With The Ryzen 9 5900X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch-Based SalientOS + EndeavourOS Take On Clear/Fedora/Ubuntu With The Ryzen 9 5900X

Phoronix: Arch-Based SalientOS + EndeavourOS Take On Clear/Fedora/Ubuntu With The Ryzen 9 5900X

Given the recent release of Arch Linux based EndeavourOS and a Phoronix Premium supporter recently pointing out SalientOS as another interesting Arch-based Linux distribution, here are benchmarks showing how these easy/quick to deploy Arch based operating systems with sane defaults compare to that of Ubuntu, Fedora Workstation, and Intel's own Clear Linux. This round of February 2021 Linux benchmarking was carried out on an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X desktop stemming from premium member feedback.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu 21.04 worse than 20.10 ?
    That's disappointing!

Comment

I wonder how Arch with the Post-Factum kernel specific to that processor type would fare compared to Clear linux default kernel.

Comment

What kernel patches do they use? TkG kernels use a ClearLinux's patch. I wonder what the performance would be.

Comment

I'm kind of interested in how Alpine would do in some of these distro war scenarios.

Comment

I'm interested in how the Funtoo Zen 2 builds compare to Clear and other distributions. It would also be interesting if Arch/Manjaro would start to offer better than generic binaries or an easier way to rebuild the system with makepkg.

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
              What kernel patches do they use? TkG kernels use a ClearLinux's patch. I wonder what the performance would be.
              Clear Linux performance isn't just about the kernel.

Comment

"I'm interested in how ...." that a lot of interests to cover. Michael

Comment

Originally posted by pranav View Post
                  "I'm interested in how ...." that a lot of interests to cover. Michael
                  The article was motivated by a premium phoronix member. If you want to see special setups, especially non-defaults kind; Michael probably is interested in how you'll show support for Phoronix

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    I'm kind of interested in how Alpine would do in some of these distro war scenarios.
                    My guess: last place everywhere. Their libc isn't really fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X