Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LLVM Clang Mainlines Support For The Motorola 68000 Series (m68k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Clang Mainlines Support For The Motorola 68000 Series (m68k)

Phoronix: LLVM Clang Mainlines Support For The Motorola 68000 Series (m68k)

If it wasn't odd enough during these pandemic times seeing Nintendo 64 support upstreamed into the Linux 5.12 kernel a few weeks back, the latest vintage hardware seeing open-source support still going on is the Motorola 68000 series 32-bit processors. LLVM/Clang today merged the "m68k" target for these three decade old processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is largely to support pre-PowerPC (Old World) Macs. The later 68xxx processors have MMUs and can run Linux.

Comment

Article ends a tad suddenly...

Comment

The m68k support for LLVM/Clang was
        found stashed away in R2-D2's memory banks.

Comment

Og good encountered a build error with GCC for m68k yesterday that broak the CI on our Diablo project

Comment

Last time I looked at this, various bits weren't hooked up for Rust to work. I don't know whether this news means they are now. If so, I may finally be able to run some Rust code on my Amiga. We write a lot of Rust at work so I've long joked that I'll do this one day.

Comment

It's a good four decades.

Comment

Originally posted by AlDunsmuir View Post
                Article ends a tad suddenly...
                Here:

Code:
                The m68k support for LLVM/Clang was <a href="https://github.com/search?p=1&q=org%3Allvm+m68k&type=Commits>merged</a> across a set of eight patches today into the mainline code-base for LLVM 13 that will be released as stable this autumn.</div>

Comment

Anybody said Rust for the SEGA Genesis/Megadrive?

Comment

Rust for rusty hardware.
                    Perfect match

Comment

Working...
                    X