Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Touch OTA-16 Released As The Second Largest Release Ever

Phoronix: Ubuntu Touch OTA-16 Released As The Second Largest Release Ever

UBports released Ubuntu Touch OTA-16 as their largest update since the days of OTA-4 when the transition happened from an Ubuntu 15.04 base to 16.04 LTS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's great to see this project continue to develop. Well done to the Ubports crew and community.

Comment

Originally posted by padraic7a View Post
      It's great to see this project continue to develop. Well done to the Ubports crew and community.
      Especially if it becomes easy to install Anbox.

I have a BQ Aquaris M10 FHD. It's 5 years old and still working perfectly. I reverted back to Android when the original Ubuntu Touch was discontinued, but it's been quickly stuck at Android 6. And BQ went bankrupt in the meantime.
      There was some effort towards porting it to LineageOS v15.1 (Android 8-based) but it hasn't been fully operational.

So, if I can go back to the roots of that tablet (Ubuntu Touch) while still getting updates and being able to launch Android apps (which I use a crapton of), then I'd be happy.
      I'll still wait it out a bit because installing Anbox isn't exactly straightforward right now. But easier Anbox install and the switch to Ubuntu 20.04 might be the deciding factors.
      Last edited by Mez'; 16 March 2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, keep 'em coming! I use UBPorts Ubuntu Touch as my daily driver and it's such a pleasure to use! So every update that polishes this great GUI is welcomed by me!

Now if only they could update the GSI installer so that I can update from OTA-15 to OTA-16 as my device is not officially supported (which is my I need Halium and GSI).

Comment

I should have waited. I tried installing it about a month ago, and it bricked my phone...

Comment

Working...
          X