Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Details Rocket Lake S Processors, Linux Benchmarks To Come

Phoronix: Intel Details Rocket Lake S Processors, Linux Benchmarks To Come

Intel today is publicly detailing their 11th Gen "Rocket Lake S" processors. Here is what you need to know about Rocket Lake S although we cannot yet share any Linux performance figures until that later Rocket Lake S review embargo lift date.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

New CPU's, yay!! Oh wait... $500+ and still on 14 nm.... Kthxbye.

Comment

I'm surprised the EU hasn't tried to ban these power guzzling 14nm chips like they did with high power vacuum cleaners, AMD does more for less power.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
        I'm surprised the EU hasn't tried to ban these power guzzling 14nm chips like they did with high power vacuum cleaners, AMD does more for less power.
        Isn't it more about if you can buy it or not in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
          Isn't it more about if you can buy it or not in 2021.
          I'd rather wait until 2022 when AMD goes 5nm & DDR5, Rocket Lake is a dead duck anyway to be obsoleted by Intel's own 10nm Alder Lake later this year.
          Last edited by Slartifartblast; 16 March 2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I'd rather wait until 2022 when AMD goes 5nm & DDR5, Rocket Lake is a dead duck anyway to obsoleted by Intel's own 10nm Alder Lake later this year.
            This. We are so close to DDR5 it makes no sense to get something like this now.

Comment

11700k (4490 SEK) costs 500SEK/50€~ less than 5800X (4990 SEK) here in Sweden so I don't see what's wrong. You are also getting an iGPU as well so imagine what the 11700KF will cost. It is good value for money unless you are planning on using AVX512 24/7.

Comment

Correction. The 11700KF goes for 4290 SEK (422€~) over here atm. So you are paying 200SEK/20€ extra for an iGPU.

Comment

I'd rather wait until 2022 when AMD goes 5nm & DDR5, Rocket Lake is a dead duck anyway to be obsoleted by Intel's own 10nm Alder Lake later this year.
                  Also, if waiting for APUs, you get RDNA instead of Vega in them in 2022.

Comment

H1 of 2021 is the worst time to upgrade anything unless your current machine dies and you desperately need a new one. You have to be very lucky to get higher-end Zen 3 for a price close to MSRP and it is the end of the AM4 line anyway. Intel has absolutely nothing interesting coming out maybe until Alder Lake. Current generation GPUs are about as easy to get hold of as unicorns. I don't think that things will get any better until 2022 and by that time there will be Zen 4 and DDR5.

Comment

Working...
                    X