Manjaro 21.0-RC1 Brings Linux 5.10 LTS, GNOME 3.38 / KDE Plasma 5.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manjaro 21.0-RC1 Brings Linux 5.10 LTS, GNOME 3.38 / KDE Plasma 5.21

Phoronix: Manjaro 21.0-RC1 Brings Linux 5.10 LTS, GNOME 3.38 / KDE Plasma 5.21

For those looking at Arch Linux powered distributions that provide a quick and easy desktop experience, Manjaro 21.0-rc1 is out today as the newest test release for this popular option...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Funny, I just started the update in Pamac, then came on Phoronix and discovered the news about the upgrade while it was running!

Great to see Michael cover Manjaro a bit more lately.

I switch between Gnome and Budgie (writing from Budgie). So I'm paying special attention to Gnome updates, as I don't want to inadvertently update to Gnome 40 and break the 20 extensions that make Gnome decent for me. So it's reassuring to know Manjaro is sticking to 3.38 for now. I'll update when the most critical extensions work with Gnome 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      Funny, I just started the update in Pamac, then came on Phoronix and discovered the news about the upgrade while it was running!

Great to see Michael cover Manjaro a bit more lately.

I switch between Gnome and Budgie (writing from Budgie). So I'm paying special attention to Gnome updates, as I don't want to inadvertently update to Gnome 40 and break the 20 extensions that make Gnome decent for me. So it's reassuring to know Manjaro is sticking to 3.38 for now. I'll update when the most critical extensions work with Gnome 40.
      You inadvertently described why I prefer Manjaro over Fedora.

Comment

I swear my KDE install was already updated to latest *chin scratch*

I must have inadvertantly set for beta at some point.
        Hi

Comment

The single biggest thing I saw change in Manjaro recently (at least with a fresh install) is that it now defaults to ZSH with an (almost) perfect-for-me profile setup using a tweaked powerlevel10k config. I'm not a mad fan of the colours Manjaro uses by default, but the FISH-like autocomplete is great.

Comment

For me, they shoved pipewire in and it broke immediately. I just arch-guided my way back to basic pulse.
            Hi

Comment

Working...
            X