Total War: Rome Remastered + Metro Exodus Coming To Linux In April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: Rome Remastered + Metro Exodus Coming To Linux In April

Phoronix: Total War: Rome Remastered + Metro Exodus Coming To Linux In April

Besides Valheim, there hasn't been much in the way of native Linux game releases recently to really get excited about with much of the activity these days being through Valve's Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux. But in April there will be at least two high profile native Linux game releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Steam-only though?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Steam-only though?
      Plus Epic and the Mac App Store for the Mac version of Metro Exodus.

Not Sure about Total War: Rome. I assume either a link from their store or a Steak key since that's how the rest of their Linux and Mac games seem to work.
      Last edited by skeevy420; 25 March 2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Not Sure about Total War: Rome. I assume either a link from their store or a Steak key since that's how the rest of their Linux and Mac games seem to work.
        Sounds tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          Sounds tasty!
          It was. Had some grilled corn and ribeyes with cheesy potatoes and baked beans for dinner. Guess that's still on my mind

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Plus Epic and the Mac App Store for the Mac version of Metro Exodus.
            Hopefully GOG also, that's how I currently own Metro.

Comment

I went back and played Rome II recently, and after a few hours decided there was a reason the only Total War game I was playing any more was Warhammer II. I even tried Three Kingdoms when it went on sale over Christmas... and saying it failed to grab me is putting it mildly. I didn't even break the two hour mark.

What I'd really like to see land natively on Linux is Rocksmith (2014). But it's Ubisoft, so that is about as likely as the rotation of the Earth stopping.

I hope the Metro Exodus port is GOG too.

Comment

If Metro Exodus appears, it will be the only Stadia title ever to release for desktop Linux (save for Feral's already contracted and non-Stadia port of Shadow of the Tomb Raider).

Seems just a bit odd, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post

Hopefully GOG also, that's how I currently own Metro.
                  Probably not, non of Feral ported versions of the games are available on GOG so far.

Comment

does GOG gets any updates to their games?

Comment

Working...
                    X