Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 248 Released With System Extension Images Feature, More TPM2/FIDO2 Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 248 Released With System Extension Images Feature, More TPM2/FIDO2 Integration

Phoronix: Systemd 248 Released With System Extension Images Feature, More TPM2/FIDO2 Integration

After the release candidate phase kicked off last month, systemd 248 is now officially available as the newest feature release for this dominant Linux init system and service manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since the systemd's project is to bring some much needed consistency and developer friendliness to the Linux ecosystem, I'm not sure I like the idea of /etc/veritytab as yet another text configuration file with an arbitrary syntax. Shouldn't this be a field in a mount unit?

Comment

So systemd is now batmobile compatible? https://www.motortrend.com/news/the-...ry-movie-cars/

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
        So systemd is now batmobile compatible? https://www.motortrend.com/news/the-...ry-movie-cars/
        All jokes aside, if the batmobile was real its software would most likely run on some embedded linux distro.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

All jokes aside, if the batmobile was real its software would most likely run on some embedded linux distro.
          I'm pretty sure systemd would fit in. After all, those infotainment systems already consist of Wayland, Webkit, and basically all the Android functionality. The OS images of cars built today are probably larger than 20 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

I'm pretty sure systemd would fit in. After all, those infotainment systems already consist of Wayland, Webkit, and basically all the Android functionality. The OS images of cars built today are probably larger than 20 GB.
            To my knowledge Android actually doesn't use systemd though. I was also thinking more along the lines of the batmobile's autopilot, navigation etc. Batman doesn't have time to watch infotainment

Comment

To my knowledge Android actually doesn't use systemd though. I was also thinking more along the lines of the batmobile's autopilot, navigation etc. Batman doesn't have time to watch infotainment
              But he does need multi-way video communication with the Batcave, Robin, & Alfred which requires the same features as infotainment. Plus if he's fighting crime far from the city, why shouldn't he be able to turn on the autopilot and watch some Battlestar Galactica or play some ROTN?

Comment

To my knowledge Android actually doesn't use systemd though.
                To my knowledge neither does chromeOS.

Comment

Originally posted by dreich View Post

To my knowledge neither does chromeOS.
                  AFAIK ChromeOS has a build option to use systemd. Maybe it will become default in some future release.

Comment

A new "root=tmpfs" kernel command-line option that will mount a Tmpfs on /.
                    Good to know Slashdot has finally embraced systemd and the two are collaborating together.

K, I'ma walk myself out

Comment

Working...
                    X