Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 21.x Seems To Muck Up Gamers' Trust Factor For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.x Seems To Muck Up Gamers' Trust Factor For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Phoronix: Mesa 21.x Seems To Muck Up Gamers' Trust Factor For Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Those moving to Mesa 21.x releases for the latest open-source GPU driver support on Linux are seemingly finding their Valve "Trust Factor" matchmaking system scores dropping for Counter-Strike: GO, leading to numerous upset Linux gamers with AMD Radeon GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, "this Valve bug report" - this link don't work.

Comment

So far we have not seen official feedback from Valve since January. This should be quite simple to confirm/deny...

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
        Michael, "this Valve bug report" - this link don't work.
        Fixed, thanks, just messed up the tag.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Fixed, thanks, just messed up the tag.
          I can't believe it......

How does a graphics driver get flagged as cheating? I might understand things like FreeCam or X-Ray but...

Comment

How do you know your Trust Factor?

I have never seen it in CS:GO anywhere. Is it more about "assuming" it is lowered, because of shittier teams you are put in?

Comment

Any Valve representative able to explain this better and if a fix without disabling glthread is in the works?

Comment

I find it funny that they need to disable something on a public repo, for a public library, used by lots of people, to fix an error in *their* closed source software... #irony

Comment

Given the issue has been appearing since January after mesa_glthread was flipped on, it's too bad they weren't yet able to figure out the issue with Trust Factor itself yet.
                  Not really. Valve uses a slower time frame than the average LTS Linux Distribution.
                  Last edited by skeevy420; 03 May 2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r3pek View Post
                    I find it funny that they need to disable something on a public repo, for a public library, used by lots of people, to fix an error in *their* closed source software... #irony
                    If you look at the original patch, it was a configuration (dri.conf?) specifically for CS:GO enabling the threading by default, so it makes sense rolling back the change

Comment

Working...
                    X