LinuxBoot Pulls In netboot.xyz For Easily Booting Different OS Installers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinuxBoot Pulls In netboot.xyz For Easily Booting Different OS Installers

Phoronix: LinuxBoot Pulls In netboot.xyz For Easily Booting Different OS Installers

The LinuxBoot project that works to replace some portions of modern Linux server firmware with the Linux kernel and other open-source components has now integrated support for the convenient netboot.xyz project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No UEFI, no glory

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
      No UEFI, no glory
      UEFI with DHCP is listed along with legacy selections

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
        No UEFI, no glory
        What part, specifically? UEFI is huuuuuuuuuge.

FWIW, LinuxBoot as a UEFI DXE (to minimize/remove UEFI drivers and BDS) is still one of the main use cases. There's even effort underway to improve integration: https://uefi.org/sites/default/files...Boot_FINAL.pdf

Comment

Ups, sorry! Last time I visited netboot.xyz downloads page (months ago) I didn't see any Uefi variant. I'm happy this has changed! Sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Does this work similar to how on Macs, you can download and install an up-to-date macOS installer directly from Apple's online servers from the bootloader?

Comment

Working...
            X