Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDGPU Driver Gets Initial Fixes For Linux 5.13 - Polaris 12 32-bit, Suspend/Resume Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU Driver Gets Initial Fixes For Linux 5.13 - Polaris 12 32-bit, Suspend/Resume Fix

Phoronix: AMDGPU Driver Gets Initial Fixes For Linux 5.13 - Polaris 12 32-bit, Suspend/Resume Fix

With the in-development Linux 5.13 kernel there are some notable AMD Radeon driver additions. But with the 5.13 merge window set to close this weekend, an initial batch of post-feature-work fixes was sent in overnight...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sweet baby Jesus... Suspend/resume fixes finally!
    looking forward to this

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
      Sweet baby Jesus... Suspend/resume fixes finally!
      looking forward to this
      Me too, I can't tell you how much I hope that this will FINALLY, after two years, let my laptop properly suspend and resume...

Comment

It's not as exciting though as the feature work with AMDGPU FreeSync HDMI...
        whaaaat?!?

Suspend/resume fixes << this must be the most exciting thing evahhh!!

Comment

I have a 5700 xt and never had working suspend/resume for me. I sort of can get it to work if I manualy change over to a text VT and use the pm-suspend command. at least it works a few times.

Comment

This is what was jerking with virtual machines. It would just freeze or go black. Glad it's fixed, but damn.. 2021 and ebay only stock. Maybe AMD should buy Intel's software division.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
              Maybe AMD should buy Intel's software division.
              Please not. Intel broke many older integrated GPUs with there Security Fixes. The IPG of my Haswell now crashes sometimes without any way to rescue it.

Comment

can anyone explain me why this whole suspend thing is such an issue on linux?
                apparently this S0ix thing has been around since 2012 and according to this it should work fine with linux:
                https://01.org/blogs/qwang59/2018/ho...x-states-linux

Comment

Originally posted by geegee View Post
                  apparently this S0ix thing has been around since 2012 and according to this it should work fine with linux:
                  Because that link is for intel and not for amd

Comment

Originally posted by geegee View Post
                    because each device has it's own issues and technical details how to suspend it.

Comment

Working...
                    X