Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Is Hiring Even More Graphics Engineers

Phoronix: Red Hat Is Hiring Even More Graphics Engineers

Red Hat is already one of the leading employers of open-source graphics driver developers and other engineers working on the upstream Linux desktop graphics stack while they are adding even more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The country is called Czechia now - he got it right in the OP

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      The country is called Czechia now - he got it right in the OP
      That's just short form. You could call it C but then no one would know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz
        Where’s Qt?
        They're busy making a good cross-platform toolkit, which allows a desktop that sane people can use.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post

That's just short form. You could call it C but then no one would know what you're talking about.
          Just like the "Republic of Poland" (official full name) is referred to as Poland (usual short form) in most contexts, in the same way the "Czech Republic" is Czechia. Or the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" is United Kingdom, if you really want me to illustrate the pointlessness of using the long-form official names in day-to-day talk.

Comment

RedHat should push NVIDIA towards at least releasing the bloody firmware for GPUs. This is number one thing they should pursue.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              RedHat should push NVIDIA towards at least releasing the bloody firmware for GPUs. This is number one thing they should pursue.
              +1 for the absolute splendor of this meta-comment and the hearty chuckle. You made my day and perhaps month. Here's to hoping it doesn't get deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post

+1 for the absolute splendor of this meta-comment and the hearty chuckle. You made my day and perhaps month. Here's to hoping it doesn't get deleted.
                Both Michael and moderators of this website have a grudge against me so who knows. Don't know what I did to earn this. I don't suck AMD's pp and I don't say "Windows sucks" on every occasion, so perhaps it's that. I also have a very unpopular view of Linux despite using it more and for longer than 98% visitors of this website (Michael included, LOL), and that makes me a sort of a black sheep.
                Last edited by birdie; 20 May 2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen

They are doing so well, they should start their own OS and stop leeching on free ones.
                  If this is a joke, I'm just not getting it. If you are serious, I would really like you to elaborate on just what you mean by "leeching on free ones" when they give all of their updates back to to improve the ecosystem.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz
                    Red Hat killing it. Where’s the rest? Where’s Qt?
                    Here you go https://www.qt.io/careers
                    I don't know if your remarkable skill set in the art of trolling fits any of the open positions, but you're definitely free to apply...

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if they hired Qt developers for their effort in the automotive industry

Comment

Working...
                    X