Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiFive HiFive Unmatched RISC-V Developer Boards Begin Shipping

Phoronix: SiFive HiFive Unmatched RISC-V Developer Boards Begin Shipping

Announced last year was the HiFive Unmatched as the most compelling RISC-V development board to date. Following supply chain issues and everything else brought on by the pandemic, this very interesting RISC-V developer board is now shipping to customers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The board has a PCI Express x16 slot.............[/URL]
    I'd like to know how the open source drivers hold up when using an AMD graphics card in that slot.

Comment

Time for some clean assembly code.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

I'd like to know how the open source drivers hold up when using an AMD graphics card in that slot.
        They're not ported yet, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post

I'd expect that once the Linux Kernel knows how to talk to the PCIe bus (probably already upstream), then everything should just work. I'd assume Mesa already builds on RISC-V, since their previous RISC-V board worked with AMD GPUs through the FPGA PCIe addon.

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
            They work just fine right now. There are videos of them being used on the board.

Comment

Seems to have support by Debian : https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#SiFiv...e_Unmatched.22
              Here is how to install Debian on it : https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDe...bian_on_HiFive

Depending on how this performs I am almost tempted to swap out a Xeon E5335 (8 core) server with this. Looking forward to some benchmarks

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

i am temped to make a nas/small home server out of this... but i would like to see more ram, 16 lanes pcie3 (not 8), and two m2 x4. i'll keep an eye on this.

if someone has it: will emby work?

Comment

And now we have the Allwinner D1 SOC with a RISC-V core.

Nezha is a 64bit RSIC-V (C906, rv64imafdcv) Linux SBC , support Tina/Debian, starting at $99. | Check out 'Nezha: Your First 64bit RISC-V Linux SBC for IoT' on Indiegogo.

$99.

Comment

Lower the price a bit and put in [SO-]DIMM slots and this would be one of the best non-x86 desktop motherboards you could get. No weird form factors, modern-enough technology, uses a conventional PSU, and a good amount of useful expansion slots and pin headers.

Very cool to know Michael is getting his hands on one.

Comment

Working...
                    X