NVIDIA vs. AMD Linux Gaming Performance For End Of May 2021 Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA vs. AMD Linux Gaming Performance For End Of May 2021 Drivers

Phoronix: NVIDIA vs. AMD Linux Gaming Performance For End Of May 2021 Drivers

With May quickly drawing to a close, here are some fresh Linux gaming benchmark figures for the latest AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards on their respective latest Linux graphics drivers while looking at the performance across a variety of OpenGL and Vulkan games/workloads...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well done Michael! It is always good to have someone giving us this input. It shows Progress and also Regressions.

Btw. adding march=native / -O3 / and lto will give you additional few 5-10% on the OpenSource side...(if it does not breaksomewhere)

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Well done Michael! It is always good to have someone giving us this input. It shows Progress and also Regressions.

Btw. adding march=native / -O3 / and lto will give you additional few 5-10% on the OpenSource side...(if it does not breaksomewhere)
      could you be a little more specific?
      what hardware? what mesa version? what benchmark?
      any references?

thanks!

Comment

Something is odd. How come RX 6700 is identical in geometric mean with RX 6800 .. and RX 6800XT is so far ahead ? Regression for RX 6800 ?

Comment

If there was one, it has been fixed already: I'm getting 123fps in Strange Brigade, not 100. So yeah, the 6800 results aren't usable.
          Edit: Though I've been using latest mesa git-master for the past couple of weeks/months and nothing weird showed up in Strange Brigade.
          Last edited by aufkrawall; 30 May 2021, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Looking really good for open source and Radeon when you flip the graphs to FPS per watt

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemSquirrel View Post
              Looking really good for open source and Radeon when you flip the graphs to FPS per watt
              They are probably, once again, misleading due to comparing just driver sensor values (ASIC power for Radeons vs. total board power of GeForces).

Comment

Michael, the most interesting part for me FPS/$ needs to be pre-filled by hand with local prices? Because I see all zeros and empty charts.

Comment

Michael can i ask why the dpi of the graphs are incredibly large. I have a 4K display and it the graphs take up a ridiculous amount of space

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
                    Michael, the most interesting part for me FPS/$ needs to be pre-filled by hand with local prices? Because I see all zeros and empty charts.
                    Yes fill in with your own local/available prices.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X