Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.18 Released With Better Gesture Detection

Phoronix: Libinput 1.18 Released With Better Gesture Detection

Libinput as the input handling library commonly used these days by the Linux desktop both under X.Org and Wayland environments is out with version 1.18 as its newest feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

in particular, less pinch gestures being picked up as two-finger scrolling
    Ohh yeah. If this works now it would be SO good. It's so damn annoying to try to zoom a webpage or picture and jump all over it.

Comment

The gestures fix is very important for Gnome 40 users - at least on my touchpad it fixes cases of very erratic workspace switching etc.

Comment

OK Tried it. No change for me. It's still bugging out instead of zooming in. Might not be on libinputs end. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Red Hat and GNOME developers, as usual.
          It is a meme already

Comment

What is your problem with redhat and gnome devs? Yes, GNOME itself has a rather flawed design philosophy in my opinion. But the tech that they come up with is widely used by a lot more projects than just GNOME, and substantially improves the lives of users of basically any DE. Especially true for libinput, which is pretty much universally the input stack used on both X and Wayland compositors.

Comment

Originally posted by iskra32 View Post

What is your problem with redhat and gnome devs? Yes, GNOME itself has a rather flawed design philosophy in my opinion. But the tech that they come up with is widely used by a lot more projects than just GNOME, and substantially improves the lives of users of basically any DE. Especially true for libinput, which is pretty much universally the input stack used on both X and Wayland compositors.
              I think you misunderstood. 144Hz is a pro-Gnome troll who copy and pastes that message into every article, claiming that everything good about Linux is done by Gnome devs.

Comment

I just wish my touchpad would stop clicking random places and shifting focus when I'm typing.

(Yes, I tried to fix it: Raising the handrests a bit above the touchpad using cardboard and tape. It was only a conceptual success: They fell off pretty quickly and the glue left dirty stripes on the screen.)
                Last edited by andreano; 02 June 2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

144Hz first poster with nothing interesting to say, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by iskra32 View Post

What is your problem with redhat and gnome devs?
                    His problem is that they haven't created a statue of him outside of Red Hat's and GNOME's HQ's yet.

Seems like you're new here (Jan 2021 registration date), so just so you know: he's an extreme pro-GNOMEr and, at times, troll.

Comment

Working...
                    X