Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Linux Performance

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Linux Performance

NVIDIA this week at Computex Taipei announced the RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3080 Ti while today the actual review embargo expires on the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti as this new flagship gaming graphics card. Here are our initial benchmarks of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Uuuh Michael I think there's a horrible typo at the end of page 2 of the article.

"So let's continue on and see how the Radeon RX 3080 Ti performs under Linux."

Comment

What's up with the 6700 XT & 6800 results? Looks like they perform damn-near identically. Is it a driver issue or just how those two cards are?

Comment

Originally posted by jojo7887 View Post
        Uuuh Michael I think there's a horrible typo at the end of page 2 of the article.

"So let's continue on and see how the Radeon RX 3080 Ti performs under Linux."
        Heh whoops thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Lol @that MSRP. Once I saw that, performance didn't really matter anymore. Not that I expect availability or anything...

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            What's up with the 6700 XT & 6800 results? Looks like they perform damn-near identically. Is it a driver issue or just how those two cards are?
            It's an issue of Michael's testing environment.

Comment

What's wrong with NVIDIA? We cannot buy any GPUs already and they roll out Ti versions of their higher-end stuff? How many of them are they expecting to produce?

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                It's an issue of Michael's testing environment.
                Something definitely is up, his previous "AMD vs NVidia" benchmark also showed the same behavior. In the comments section, people noticed that their performance on the benchmarked games also were higher than Michael's numbers, so maybe it is a switched gpu issue or something?

Comment

How to get all the brand-new graphics hardware no ordinary mortal will ever hold in his or her hand?
                  It's actually super easy - barely an inconvenience. All you have to do is set up a respected tech news and benchmarking website.
                  That works?
                  Oh I don't know...

Well, I've had too many Screen Rant Pitch Meetings recently...

Comment

Originally posted by MadCatX View Post
                    What's wrong with NVIDIA? We cannot buy any GPUs already and they roll out Ti versions of their higher-end stuff? How many of them are they expecting to produce?
                    These include mining limitations, so it's more likely to end up in the hands of gamers. However, I suspect the primary reason for these is a silent change in the MSRP, as people would have protested Nvidia simply rising the price on 3070 and 3080. (Like I said before, Nvidia wasn't cashing in on the inflated prices.)

Comment

Working...
                    X