Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.32 Released With Numerous Improvements

Phoronix: Git 2.32 Released With Numerous Improvements

Version 2.32 of the Git distributed revision control system is now available with a variety of improvements from performance optimizations to usability enhancements and a whole lot of bug fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am surprised no wokists has gone on a digital rampage because of the master repos on kernel.org :^)

Comment

Redfoxmoon master repos? Believe you mean main repos, sir

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
        I am surprised no wokists has gone on a digital rampage because of the master repos on kernel.org :^)
        That's becoming an obsession. There is just nothing about that in the news. Will you die because of a "main" branch? Anti-wokists are more annoying than wokists.
        Last edited by ALRBP; 06 June 2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
          The kernel.org repos are well known to be the personification of a pre US civil war southern slave holder for keeping the "master" branch.

Comment

Very nice with further usability improvements.

I would really like there to be something like Microsoft Clippy for Git to make Git retard-friendly for people like me who find it tricky.
            • Hey, it looks like you have an empty directory, would like to clone an existing repository or create a new repository?
            • Hey, it looks like you you haven't pulled in a while, do you want me to pull for you?
            • Hey, it looks like you modified files, would you like to commit them?
            • Hey, it looks like you got unpushed commits, would you like to push them?
            • Hey, don't forget your commit message!
            • Your commit message is rather log, shorten it down!
            • Hey, would you like to merge?
            • Hey, would like you like to branch?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I would really like there to be something like Microsoft Clippy for Git to make Git retard-friendly for people like me who find it tricky.
              • Hey, it looks like you have an empty directory, would like to clone an existing repository or create a new repository?
              • Hey, it looks like you you haven't pulled in a while, do you want me to pull for you?
              Um thanks, but no, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Take https://github.com/gbigwood/Clippo/b...ugin/clippy.py as a base and make it so? :-)

Comment

Working...
                X