Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo To Support Configuring ThinkPad BIOS From Within Linux

Phoronix: Lenovo To Support Configuring ThinkPad BIOS From Within Linux

In conjunction with supported Lenovo systems, a new "Think-LMI" driver is on its way to the mainline Linux kernel for allowing some BIOS/firmware settings to be accessed and configured within Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please refer to it as "SystemD-linux".

Comment

Surely Phoronix has more information than what is made available to us in this announcement. It seems highly unlikely that this "news flash" is the result of continually scanning the git "Linux x86 drivers tree" until something newsworthy--and understandable to mere mortals--pops up [the only useful information in the 'announcement' is the "queued" hyperlink in the last paragraph, which leads to "index : kernel/git/pdx86/platform-drivers-x86.git"]

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        Had a Lenovo smartphone Motorola Moto G10 it turned out that the chinese CCP marxist government spy agency is using the chinese company Lenovo to spy on me.
        What do you expect from a CHINESE (Mainland Chinese, NOT Taiwanese) company? Even if they wouldn't want to spy on you, they have no choice.
        In China, You have to be loyal to your (mafia-like) goverment, or you are a traitor, and you're going to jail, not to mention your family will also be oppressed.

i had to buy a Nokia phone to stop this... Don't buy Lenovo products if you don't want to be spied on by the CCP...
        Yeah, definitely, corruption and dark contracts don't exist. Buying a non-chinese branded phone won't save you from being spied by CCP.

Comment

Had a Lenovo smartphone Motorola Moto G10 it turned out that the chinese CCP marxist government spy agency is using the chinese company Lenovo to spy on me.

i had to buy a Nokia phone to stop this... Don't buy Lenovo products if you don't want to be spied on by the CCP...
          Cuz Nokia phones aren't assembled in China... Ever hear of supply chain attacks?
          I'm also not a fan because the Nokia 7.2 (from AndroidOne) I own stopped receiving security updates only 20 months into its 36 month life cycle. The months that it did get updates, they were always late, any where from 3-4 weeks after AOSP patch release, or as much as 6 weeks. "Secure" my rump.
          I replaced it with an iPhone which will have security updates for many years based on past experience. The iPhone 5s the Nokia was supposed to replace still gets security updates on iOS 12.5.x despite it being older than the Nokia phone. Android's ecosystem is such a dumpster fire. Can't trust a damned thing any of the companies' making Android phones say about support lifetimes or privacy, not even Google. Before anyone mentions about sideloading, 3rd party ROMs, and other issues: I don't care. My phone is a PHONE and calendar system. It's not a laptop/desktop replacement. All I care about is not getting pwned by some script kiddie dropping unblockable 6 month old SMS bombs that wouldn't have worked on a phone with proper security updates in place (and the other reason I didn't get a Pixel 4a is because it's not water resistant, the iPhone I got is!)

Comment

Are you ready for another redpill talk?

Nokia aka HMD Global outsources all their newest smartphones to Foxconn, a CCP money launderer.

Be a free thinker not a sheep like my neighbor "AJRagnarson" who got tricked into buying a Volvo because "that's what Thor would drive" and smooth brain.

Comment

The OS and kernel has got no business touching or modifying the UEFI in any way.

Comment

I remember when my dad bought one of my siblings a Huawei phone. If you covered the camera it would show you an annoying popup message telling you to uncover the camera. So yeah, Chinese computer products are f'in creepy. What should we expect from the world's most a Orwellian surveillance state that wants to spy on everything its citizens do. Thankfully, my sibling uses iPhone now, not perfect, but better than the Chinese bug. I actively boycott Chinese brands, I would never buy Lenovo or Huawei.

If a brand markets itself as China-free, I'd happily support it if I get the opportunity. We need more of these.

Comment

I'll happily buy more Chinese products if it will hasten the decline of the Anglo-Saxon economy.

My data is much safer in Chinese hands than in Western hands.

Comment

Huh. Well OK then.

Comment

Working...
                    X