Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 1185G7 Linux Performance

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 1185G7 Linux Performance

For nearly one year already we've been delivering many Intel Tiger Lake Linux benchmarks using the Core i7 1165G7 while for those curious about the i7-1185G7 that is becoming more common with newer notebooks, here are some benchmarks of the Core i7 1185G7 Tiger Lake against various other notebooks/processors on hand for comparison.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The good part about 1165G7 is that it is easily available on "cheap" notebooks even in my country, like Samsung Book E40 (sku NP550XDA-KS1BR), 2 SO-DIMM and PCIe-4 slot, bought 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD elsewhere, it was cheaper than trying to import a Lenovo Yoga 7 Pro 2021 which was what I was aiming for

Comment

Its a pitty that it was not possible to measure power consumption on amd.

Try FreshBooks free, for 30 days, no credit card required at https://www.freshbooks.com/linusUse code LINUS and get 25% off GlassWire at https://lmg.gg/glass...

Intel is quite competitive considering performance but has a staggering highish power consumption to achieve it. This puts the results in a different light. Almost if one would compare notbook CPU vs low power embedded CPUs.

Comment

Dear Intel. Please make an i3 or i5 version of this chip with a 96 (or more!) EU GPU, and include 16 GB of DDR4-4400 RAM in the package. Just crank-out M1 competitors that your customers can slap into cheap laptops. Bifurcate the low and mid-range market on expandability instead of forcing me to buy an i7 for a decent GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
          Its a pitty that it was not possible to measure power consumption on amd.
          Agreed. The sensor situation in AMD land.........

What happened to the WattsUp Pro?

Comment

Working...
          X