Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Driver Changes Begin Queuing For Linux 5.15

Phoronix: Graphics Driver Changes Begin Queuing For Linux 5.15

An early batch of "drm-misc-next" changes has been sent to DRM-Next for queuing to ultimately land with the Linux 5.15 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- Support for the Raspberry Pi Pico was added to the recently merged Generic USB Display (GUD) driver.
    So now when we tell stupid people to "git gud" they'll go out and buy a USB monitor thinking it'll help their gaming skills. I think they'll end up submitting a push request to the floor when it doesn't help them.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

So now when we tell stupid people to "git gud" they'll go out and buy a USB monitor thinking it'll help their gaming skills. I think they'll end up submitting a push request to the floor when it doesn't help them.
      Which gamer would buy a USB monitor anyway?!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Which gamer would buy a USB monitor anyway?!
        The stupid kind.

Or someone trying to Hodge-podge together a system out of random parts.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

The stupid kind.

Or someone trying to Hodge-podge together a system out of random parts.
          Then he/she's not gamer at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Then he/she's not gamer at all.
            We all start somewhere.

I remember the salesman at Office Depot telling me that this AGP Radeon card was the best thing my PC could use for the budget I had. I got home to install the GPU and learned that my PC didn't have an AGP slot. When I went to return it he said he didn't look up my PC and assumed it had an AGP slot. Nope...it was a Pentium 2 Walmart special. Ended up with a crappier PCI Radeon card but I was able to play Command and Conquer. That's the day I learned to heavily research purchasing stuff and not to rely on or trust a salesperson (I was 10 or 11).

Comment

Working...
            X