Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon EC2 M6i Performance For Intel Ice Lake In The Cloud

Phoronix: Amazon EC2 M6i Performance For Intel Ice Lake In The Cloud

Earlier this week Amazon introduced Intel Xeon Scalable 3rd Gen "Ice Lake" powered EC2 cloud instances and marks their first x86-based sixth-generation offerings that follow their "M6g" Graviton2 instances launched last year. Curious about the "M6i" Ice Lake performance with AWS, here are a number of benchmarks looking at the performance and value of the new M6i instances compared to former Intel M5 instances as well as Amazon's own M6g Graviton2 instances.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amazon hasn't reduced prices on older generation hardware in many, many years. C5, C4, C3, M5, M4, and M3 were all launched cheaper than the older generation from what I recall. M6i being launched without a price reduction is a change, though if the graphs presented here match most workloads, this generation offers a bigger performance jump than previous generations.

Comment

Working...
    X