Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.15 I/O Can Achieve Up To ~3.5M IOPS Per-Core

Phoronix: Linux 5.15 I/O Can Achieve Up To ~3.5M IOPS Per-Core

In addition to the block subsystem changes submitted for the Linux 5.15 merge window, Jens Axboe also sent in a separate pull request for this new kernel cycle to provide support for bio recycling. In turn this can enhance the Linux I/O limits by around 10%...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

5.15 shaping up to be a banger. Hopefully an LTS kernel.

Comment

Saw an article where Microsoft was doing 13.7 million ops on optane. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ws/ba-p/428314

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth153 View Post
        Saw an article where Microsoft was doing 13.7 million ops on optane. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ws/ba-p/428314
        For the entire cluster not just per core.

With 100% reads, the cluster delivers 13,798,674 IOPS.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post

For the entire cluster not just per core.

With 100% reads, the cluster delivers 13,798,674 IOPS.
          Which was on a total of 672 cores :-)

Comment

Thanks! Not to sound lazy, but I was curious of the specifics and didn’t have time to dig in.

Comment

It'd be interesting if he also quoted IOPS/W, for the CPU. I presume it also went up, but it'd be nice to know.

Comment

He also got over 15M IOPS on his box with 3 optane drives: https://twitter.com/axboe/status/143...949981706?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth153 View Post
                  Thanks! Not to sound lazy, but I was curious of the specifics and didn’t have time to dig in.
                  A comment like that makes me mad.
                  It means you don't read, you don't care and just from a super quick google search think "look dorks, this is faster".
                  Then to just dump it here and let us figure out, you said so in your very post... That's downright insulting. It means you consider your time more valuable then ours.

I, respectfully, ask you to just don't do that!

Comment

No offense (some offense) but cry about it. I apologized already and thats all you get, you don’t get to lecture me too.

Comment

Working...
                    X