Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Linux Performance

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Linux Performance

Last month were our benchmarks of the AMD Ryzen 7 5700G on Linux for that new desktop APU with Zen 3 cores and Vega graphics available through retail channels. Due to reader interest and with the Ryzen 5 5600G still readily available via Internet retailers, here is a look at the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Linux performance in a variety of benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wouldn't feel horrible about buying one of these if I wanted Zen 3 + integrated graphics. It's better value than the 5700G for certain.

I still think AMD should release the 5300G to retail to stop Intel's domination of the low end desktop market. Benchmarks of the 5600G and 5700G indicate that 5300G would surpass the R3 3300X in performance, so it would be very popular if it was in stock at, say, $179, following their current trend - $379/$279/$179?. Since the 3300X was only $129, that seems not too much to ask even with current conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
      I wouldn't feel horrible about buying one of these if I wanted Zen 3 + integrated graphics. It's better value than the 5700G for certain.

I still think AMD should release the 5300G to retail to stop Intel's domination of the low end desktop market. Benchmarks of the 5600G and 5700G indicate that 5300G would surpass the R3 3300X in performance, so it would be very popular if it was in stock at, say, $179, following their current trend - $379/$279/$179?. Since the 3300X was only $129, that seems not too much to ask even with current conditions.
      Because TSMC prices for 7nm silicon keep going up, AMD have to direct the bulk of production for parts with better profit margins. The bottom of the barrel products will have to use GF's 14/12nm for now.

Lisa better be talking with Samsung for production capacity of less advance parts, otherwise they take the risk of being out-bid by Nvidia and even Intel.

Comment

How much RAM?

Comment

[QUOTE=phoronix;n1276760]Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Linux Performance

Although only tangentially related to this post, I have the following question: I noticed that, the Ryzen 5900 is outpacing the Ryzen 5950x in CPU Power consumption. In my own installation I found the Ryzen 5900 challenging to cool (even with AIOs). How were the Ryzen 59xx CPUs cooled in the testing? and Do you think that the Ryzen 5950 was thermo throttled in some of the tests?

Comment

I don't want to scream that the test results are wrong but 11600K must not be so slower than 11900K - we are talking about just a 33% difference in the core count yet in many tests 11900K is twice as fast: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...n5-5600g&num=6

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that the 11600K results are wrong almost everywhere or 11900K was overclocked.

Comment

Michael

11600K should be comparable to 5600X, not trail it far behind:

Comment

avem I'm going to parrot what Michael always says, he doesn't do any compiler optimizations and runs things as they are, out of the box. The results aren't wrong, that's the results. It means that there are some workloads that perform worse, or have an issue with optimization

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
                  avem I'm going to parrot what Michael always says, he doesn't do any compiler optimizations and runs things as they are, out of the box. The results aren't wrong, that's the results. It means that there are some workloads that perform worse, or have an issue with optimization
                  To add to that, the 5600X and G are both very comparable to the 10600K in the article in regards to their actual performance. Aside from their superior iGPUs, where AMD really shined was their power usage which likely skewed the means to make AMD look a lot more favorable...but, based on those tests, the 6 core AMD APU's max power was the Intel 6 core's average as well as the AMD APU's reported minimal usage was half that of Intel.

Comparable CPU performance, better iGPU performance, better power usage. That's why.

Not to mention that that chart is using both Windows and needs to overclock the Intel to even keep up with the 5000s. 15% less performance stock.

Comment

I also imagine that Michael is using stock coolers or something roughly equivalent so that as skeevy420 said it would give AMD an advantage there as well because of their efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                    X