Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 41 Release Candidate Arrives With Many Improvements

Phoronix: GNOME 41 Release Candidate Arrives With Many Improvements

Ahead of the official GNOME 41 release later this month, the release candidate is now available to facilitate more testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully a fix to make Gnome Photos usable on large quantities of photos.

Comment

The GNOME Web / Epiphany 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% worldwide users are very happy.

Comment

Mutter has a number of fixes, including crash fixes. Plus Mutter brings better auto-rotation support and various low-level improvements.
        But... but... I thought only kwin_wayland had crashes and missing features! Wasn't Mutter supposed to be the one that was perfect aside from needing performance optimization?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

But... but... I thought only kwin_wayland had crashes and missing features! Wasn't Mutter supposed to be the one that was perfect aside from needing performance optimization?
          A more accurate representation of the discussion would be to say Wayland implementation in KDE was less robust than GNOME in the past and recent releases have closed that gap. I am sure you are aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            The GNOME Web / Epiphany 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% worldwide users are very happy.
            That's less than 1 people. So are you saying nobody uses it?
            You forgot about its developers

Comment

As usual, no screenshots, nor videos anywhere to talk about DE evolutions.
              Do you imagine a news about Mac or Windows talking about the new interface without showing anything? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                As usual, no screenshots, nor videos anywhere to talk about DE evolutions.
                Do you imagine a news about Mac or Windows talking about the new interface without showing anything? I don't.
                Its a release candidate, not final release.

The release announcement on 22 September will have media.

Since previous releases have also have had media (look at this subsite for the Gnome 40 announcement: https://forty.gnome.org/), I dont know where the as usual comes from.

EDIT

Prior to Gnome 40 the release notes were at https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.38/ for 3.38 - keep changing the number to see the others. They all have screenshots. (I was surprised to be reminded the last big change to Adwaita before the one for Gnome 42 next year was for Gnome 3.32. I thought it had been much earlier.)
                Last edited by You-; 08 September 2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That's less than 1 people. So are you saying nobody uses it?
                  You forgot about its developers
                  same with " Polari " i dont think there would be a lot of users that would use that either, it has a bad design an not user friendly

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                    Well, at least Epiphany support PWA. Unlike Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                    X